Tuesday 27 August 2013

Red Carpet: VMAs 2013



So I wanted to do this yesterday but was tré tired from an outing so imma do it today, if that's alright with you?

Here's the rundown of the get up's and go's I loved and hated from this years MTV Video Music Awards.

LOVED

Katy Perry

Wearing Emanuel Ungaro.
I'm loving the animal print and the Roar grill.


Taylor Swift

Wearing Hervé Léger.
I know a surprise candidate, but she looked very glamorous; that old school glamour. 

Naya Rivera

Wearing Vintage Paco Rabanne.
This is one of my faves; love the opening on the side.


Selena Gomez

Wearing Versace. 
Definitely another one of my fave looks of the night. This is how you do, "I'm grown up now". Take note Miley.


Lady Gaga

Wearing Prabal Gurung.
I have to give kudos to Lady Gaga for a more toned down look, I really liked this look on her. Beats a meat dress any day.


Jennifer Hudson

Wearing Dior
Loved the contrast between the patterned top and sleek pencil skirt; hated the chocker though.


Paula Patton

Wearing Lever Coutre.
The panelling effect was really nice and I loved the slit.


Alison Williams (from Girls)

Wearing Valentino.
Loved this, I'm totally obsessed with dresses like this at the moment so of course this was a fave.


Ellie Goulding

When she first came out I really wasn't a fan but I now have an obsession with her; a healthy one that is. I love the spikes. This is definitely another one of my faves I love it. Well done Ellie



HATED

Miley Cyrus

Wearing Dolce and Gabanna.
She looks like she's wearing a gymnastic's costume. Such a let down from her look at last years VMAs.

Snooki

Wearing NYC Glitz
Soooooo boring. Snooore.

Jwoww

Also wearing NYC Glitz
There was definitely nothing wow with this, and the sad thing is I've actually seen her in better clothes.

Ciara 

Wearing Givenchy.
This just looked like a Beyoncé dress. Maybe it world have worked better on someone else, I just wasn't feeling it on her.

Iggy Azalea

Wearing Emilio Pucci.
It's an alright dress, but it just kind of washed her out.

Jordin Sparks

Wearing Simply Intricate.
She would've been in my best dressed, if it wasn't for the collar. I loved the outfit but the collar just killed it for me.

Rita Ora

Wearing Alex Vauthier.
WTF? What is this? I hate hate hate it! The top half of the dress I loved, but from the waist down I was like nah is this girl for real, it's horrid. She looks like a peacock.

Sarah Hyland (from Modern Family)

Wearing Marchesa.
Why Sarah why? Did someone force you to wear this? Anyone think this dress reminds them of Wonder Woman? Anyone?

Shaileene Woodley

Wearing Emilio Pucci Resort.
Snoooore! I liked the cropped top, but wish she had chosen a different skirt.

Lil Kim

I'm sorry what now! What the hell is this? Looks like something out of a superhero movie; but to be fair this is not the worst outfit she has ever worn to the VMAs and I do quite like her boots. I'm just saying let the Nicki Minaj comparisons begin.

Ashanti

Wearing Michael Castillo.
My girl is still rocking them early noughty dresses she had way back when

So there you have it my 2013, Loves and Hates round up, roll on 2014.
Photobucket

No comments: