Saturday 9 November 2013

John Lewis Christmas Advert 2013

It's that time of the year again, it's the highly anticipated John Lewis Christmas advert.

Introducing The Bear & The Hare.



I love the whole story of a bahumbug Bear, who doesn't seem to enjoy the festive season, finally gets to experience the joy of Christmas and a Hare who wants so badly to share the Christmas spirit with their friend.

And Lily Allen's cover of Keane's Somewhere Only We Know is just so beautiful (I do love Lily Allen's voice I'm glad she's out or retirement).

The whole advert is so warm and cosy and definitely reminiscent of the infamous Watership Down. It's definitely a winner.

And the Hare's face when the Bear show's up just says it all. That was the bit that got me, seriously though John Lewis surely knows how to pull at your heartstrings.

They did it with last year's The Journey, which saw a snowman battle the snowy mountains a heard of sheep, snowy blizzards and the tough streets of the city to get his lady love a pair of gloves.



And who can forget the ultimate tearjerker that was 2011''s picking, this for me has to be one of the best Christmas ads to date (second of course to Cocoa Cola's "Holiday's are coming", I'm sorry but the Christmas season don't start for me until I see them trucks).

I always got emosh when I see that lil boy bypass his presents only to run and give his parents his present.

Here it is again.


Photobucket

No comments: