Tuesday 5 November 2013

Anti-Rape wear

Yes you heard right, I kid you not this is a real thing.

I saw it on Cosmo and just had to share it with you guys.



I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand it's a preventative measure, sort of like a rape alarm or whistle; trying to fight against the chance of rape. But then on the other hand it's kind of giving leverage to the whole argument that it's a woman's fault that she got raped because of what she wore. That maybe if she had had a pair of these anti-rape knickers she might not have gotten raped. And who's to say that out of frustration the attacker wouldn't go one step as to actually 'kill' the wearer?

I feel like this is the kind of thing that brings unnecessary fear to  people, kind of scaremongering in a way.

And who the hell would wear it? It just seems so complicated and even the whole combination thing is confusing. I mean what if your bursting to go to the toilet and forget the combo; you're pissed cos those things aint ever coming off. It says so itself, there aint no way to cut them off. So your stuck!

I dunno I'm on the fence with this one, what do you think?

Go to AR Wear's crowd funding page to find out more.

Photobucket

No comments: