Wednesday 9 December 2009

The iPhone: Move Over Textbooks


It's times like this that I wish I was back at school!!! I know shock horror I said it...back...at...school and I put an 'I wish' at the beginning of it. No people I have not gone crazy due to the financial situation I'm in and lack of a prospective job, which is in fact driving me crazy, but that's another story. What I'm talking about, is something that I heard/watched on the news yesterday; which had me drawing for my navy jumper and dark skirt. The fact that these lucky kids in a school in some part of West London are using iPhones...yes I said iPhones as a way of learning. All I have to say is lucky ************ okay I can't say what I want to say with out the use of a swear word and I'm not to sure what those stars actually represent...I think I was just going a bit mad with the key. What I can say, are that those kids are so lucky. Omigosh, I am now officially old, I can't believe I actually used the word 'kids', it was only yesterday I was a kid myself, or so I like to think in my warped mind, who is fast approaching the tender age of 22 and saying over and over, it's not old, it's not old; I'm still young, I'm still young. Enough! Back to what I was saying. These kids use the excuse of apps (applications to those of you who do not understand shorthand) to help them with their lessons. Wait the best is yet to come. Get this, the lucky little tykes, as one of them stated only have to pay £10 of the call time. I DON'T BELIVE IT! I'm busting my balls off trying to find some kind of income, to pay for an iPhone which I have wanted for a long time; but can't afford cos the cheapest contract is £35 per calender month, and these kids, yes and I'm going to keep saying kids, just to make it more effective; these kids are ONLY paying £10, because their school is trying to pass off this little experiment of theirs as educational. All I can say is... that's not fair! Maybe I should find that uniform of mine, and try and sneak back into my old secondary school and see if I can get my hands on one. I say free iPhones for all; okay maybe just me.

No comments: