Thursday 30 May 2013

A sad sad day for equality

Sorry but I couldn't hold my tongue any longer.

I'm tired of living in a world where people believe that just because they believe something is wrong then people should be condemned for it.



This is two thousand and fricking thirteen, why can't I live in a world where I'm free to love whomever I want.

The news I heard today had me feeling ashamed of my own heritage. Yes I said it, today I felt ashamed to be Nigerian. I don't care who knows it!

What kind of backward nonsense bafoonerish am I hearing that those found to be gay will be sentenced up to 10 years in prison.

*falls to the ground*

Today, on 30th May 2013, a bill was passed in Nigeria's House of Representatives; that banned gay marriage and outlawed anyone from supporting gay rights, those found guilty could face up to 14 years in prison.

This is the kind of nonsense, no nosense is not even a hard enough word I can use because it doesn't even justify how ludicrous that law is.

People have been fighting and fighting hard, to make gay rights legal global, and then Nigeria goes and passes a dumb ass law like that. I'm sorry to say, but this is one of the reasons why Nigeria is a backwards country and if it doesn't fix up it will never fluctuate to the potential that is should have.

Things like this just make me angry. Though I'm not gay myself. I am a full supporter of gay rights and equality. I believe that everyone has the right to love whoever they want  (except paedophiles that is sick and no one try use that as a justification to the argument against gay rights because you are dumb!)



I hate people that use that old age argument "It's wrong, man and man should not lay with each other, it's not right". I'm sorry but who made you the chief owner of the moral compass, sit down!

Until you can come up to me, stand on a box and say that your life is perfect, that your living your life in such an amazing flawless way, that your life should be the mirror that the rest of the world should reflect; then fall back!



I just do not understand this world, there are people killing themselves everyday all across the world because they think that they are living their life wrong, ashamed to be who they are. Yet people still quote there gospels of 'but it's wrong though'.

I'm not even  gonna get into religion, because that's another argument in itself, but to quote a line from Macklemore's Same Love,
"If you preach hate at the service those words aren't anointed
That holy water that you soak in has been poisoned"


I could go on all day about this, but I'm just gonna end with one thing.

People in this world need EDUCATION and EDUCATING.


That is all.

Photobucket

No comments: