Friday 10 May 2013

TFail

I found this rant I wrote sometime last year and it makes me laugh because we now have a 'circled' Overground and my life would have been so much easier if that had been the case when I wrote this:



I am typing this here rant at 1:51 on 5th April 2012, it may not have reached you yet as I am still in a fit of deep anger so I may not have posted it yet. I have just overcome one of the worst experiences of my life, no it is nothing as serious as you may think but it is serious to me.

I decided to take a walk on the wild side and go and visit my beloved cousin over on the South West side of London. 

I began my journey in Stratford taking the Overground Line to Williesden Junction and then taking another branch of the same line to Clapham Junction as advised by a member of the tfl staff, as being the quickest way to get to Clapham Junction. It took me under and hour to get from East London to South West London.

Now this is not the anger of my tale, this is in fact a factoid that it only took me an hour to get from East to South West London. Now if it only took an hour to get from East to South West London, why the hell did it take me 2 and a half hours to get back home from South West London to South East London?

I'll tell you how. That horrid monster that you all know as the Overground or as I now like to call if the *$%£@!

All was well as I started my journey, I only hit a snag when I happened to get on a bus with a character out of come fly with me. This loud overbearing driver, decided that he was on a hero mission and vacated the bus to nose around some commotion to do with a lorry trying to get through a tunnel. He then felt the need to tell everyone in the world that a lorry had accidentally tried to drive under a tunnel. It ended up with him being told to stop shouting over the radio. Long boring story, anyway I got to Clapham station and the scheduled 22:45 had not arrived and was scheduled to come at 23:09.

23:09 came and went and then the times kept getting later, someone phoned up info and they told us we were gonna expect it at 23:25. It came and were waiting til 23:33 for it to move. Got to West Brompton, changed and got on the District Line to shorten my journey. By the time I made it for Jubilee Line and got to Canada Water, the Overground had stopped running northbound and southbound trains were only going to New Cross Gate.

Finally got to New X Gate and was informed that the next Southern rail train was to arrive at 41 mins past 12 (12:41), I was so tired of waiting for trains that I decided to get a bus. The bus didn't come at 12:25 or 12:56 like scheduled, no I ended up getting on one at 01:14 I was pissed!  I finally got home at like 01:30! You can only imagine my pain.
Imagine my anger when I found out that the Overground had decided they were extending from Clapham Junction via Canada Water.
Photobucket

No comments: