Thursday 5 November 2009

Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys-Empire State of Mind - New Video

Alas the new Jay Z video is out!



Aww! This video is really patriotic, it is a real homage to New York. I love that, its makes you see how important the place where people are from is to them. I love songs where people talk positively about where their from. I dunno, maybe because it makes me reflect on where I've come from and makes me think positively about my own future and that when I am successful I can look back and say I am what I am because of my roots and where I've come from.

Alicia is on fire in this video. She is going crazy on that piano. It's like an extension of her body. I wish I could play the piano like her, heck I wish I could play the piano. I swear that girl has got pure passion, it's crazy to think that this is the same person who was gracing are screens with fallin'.

I'm also loving the use of black and white in the first half of the video. As an aspiring photographer/music video director myself, I feel that the use of black and white gives the video a sense of warmth and intensifies the message of the video.

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of..." I swear down I am loving that line. Every time I hear it, it sends tingles down my spine. It speaks the truth, because New York is a place where a lot of people go to to recognise their dreams. This all goes back to what I was saying before with the patronage to where you are from.
As an aspiring photographer; i love the use of pictures, i feel that it adds a personal touch to the video. I also like the fact that it's not all girls, cars and glamour, that most hip hop videos are today. It's just basic, and that's what makes it special.

So marks outta 10, I'm gonna give a 7! I'm impressed.

No comments: