Friday 5 April 2013

Trance Mini-Review


What can I say about Trance?

Ooh ooh, I got one. It put me in a trance.

Haha did you see what I did there? I made a play on the title... cos you know the film is called Trance and it involves people going into trances and... okay I guess you get what I'm saying.

Anywhoo, as a big fan of Thrillers, as you may know some of my faves are Memento and Shutter Island (totally underrated film amazing twists and Easter eggs); I was  really excited to go and see this one.

I mean there were so many moments of brilliance, it started off with so much potential. But then somewhere around the middle I got completely lost. That whole hyper reality thing became very baffling. I can recall so many times where my cinema mate would lean over to me with all their theories and all I could reply was "Dude, I have no idea what's going on, I'm so confused."

I really liked the reveal though. I mean yeah though it was partly predictable, there were so  many 'oh yeah, I remember when that happened and was like hmm that's a bit odd' moments (tryna not do any spoilers here people). However I wasn't really happy with the end though (I'm talking the end end, the bit that happens right before the credits rolled). I found it very weak and it kinda watered the movie down for me, just felt it was very unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was a bad film. I quite liked it, but it wasn't amazing.
Photobucket

No comments: