Thursday 3 February 2011

Rather Be Vain Than Ugly

Beauty and The Beast: The Ugly Side of Prejudice
Channel 4
Tuesday's 8pm

I saw the advert for this programme beforehand and I'm not going to lie, I thought it was going to be something like BBC Three's Snog, Marry or Avoid (which I will admit I watch, you know when it's late at night and there is nothing else on), so I was surprised to see that this show had so much more content than being a platform for the new breed of 'glamour girls' to promote themselves.

This week me met Yasmin Disney (who I'm guessing is not a distant relative of Walt Disney, or maybe so); her crime was that she wanted to get a breast reduction and lipsocution.

Her week long flat mate was Leo, who suffered an accident when he was 14, leaving him with third degree burns. It was so sad hearing the suffering that he had been through; but he had ended up being so strong.

It shocked me hearing that a survey on careers, resulted in 80% saying that they aspired to being glamour models.

It seems that being a glamour model is all the rage these days, no disrespect to them, do what you've got to do. But just remember people are looking up to you; young impressionable girls.

In the beginning my first impressions of Yasmin, was that she was a bit ditzy, but verging on the end I gained some respect for her.

No comments: