Friday 11 February 2011

What is the real prize of glamour?

Yesterday I heard a news story which did not shock me. I will not lie it saddened me, but it did not shock me.

20-year old Claudia Aderotimi died from lethal silocone injections in her buttocks, on a quest for a bigger "butt". It has been said that she made the decision to have this procedure after being removed from a previous promo for having a small bum.

She travelled from her home in London to Philedelphia USA, where she took the proccedure which is believed to cost just over £1000.

This is not the first time we have heard of an incident as such, the most famous victim was former Miss Argentina Solange Magnano. Magnano died in Buenos Aires after having a legal operation involving buttock implants as well as injections.

This is such a sad story but it highlights a problem that we as a society face on an ongoing daily basis. We are a society that is obseessed with glamour and trying to morph our bodies into hwta we believe is socially appeasing.

My heart goes out to her and her family.

No comments: