Monday 13 September 2010

John Woodward To Stand Down


We all know my feelings about the Gov and the axe of the UK Film Council, so I was surprised to learn that John Woodward was to stand down as the Chief Executive of the UK Film Council. He will step down in November 2010.

On his decision, he said:

"For the next few weeks the UK Film Council is in a dialogue with the Government about the future support structures for UK film. By choosing to make my position clear now, I can be objective and unconflicted throughout that process. It should then, rightly, be for others to take the new system forward and write the next chapter for UK film.
"I can't adequately say what a privilege it has been to serve the British film industry since 2000 – and I enjoyed every minute of it up until 5.35pm on 24 July this year. I am proud of what the UK Film Council and its staff have delivered over the past decade. But now is the time to focus only on the future and ensure that whatever takes the place of the UK Film Council builds on its considerable achievements and retains the professionalism and expertise that the industry has said that it wants."

Arrrrrrghhhhhh!!! Frustration!!! This whole UK Film Council situation gets me so angry!!!

No comments: